Spouted pouches are gaining popularity very quickly for a variety of applications. spouted pouches make a economical and efficient way to store and transport liquids, pastes, and gels. With the shelf life of a can, and the convenience of an easy open pouch, both co-packers and customers are loving this design.
Common spout applications
- Baby food
- Cleaning Chemicals
- Institutional food packaging
- alcoholic beverage add-ins
- Single serve fitness drinks
- Milk, and yogurt
Spout pouches can be made compatible with retort applications and most FDA applications. Industrial uses abound with savings in both transportation costs and pre-fill storage.
Common Spout Pouch types
Spouts can be placed on most areas of the pouch, but the most common locations are:
- Top of pouch spout: Often used for smaller pouches or die-cut pouches for single serve applications.
- Top side of pouch spout: for the 8oz – 16 oz size of pouches, this is a great location because it takes advantage of the upright orientation of the pouch (stand up pouches), and allows the user to have better control when using the contents.
- Other spout locations on pouches: front lower area of the pouch. This is used in box wine configurations, requiring square bottom and box supported bags.